[GE users] GPFS directory for SGE_HOME

crtierney42 craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 26 00:09:49 GMT 2009

ron wrote:
> You can google search for "Berkeley DB"+"GPFS", it seems like not a lot of users use the mix.
>
> The cleanest way might be just to set up a small NFS share or SAN to share the qmaster's spooling directory among the qmaster and the shadow masters.
>
>  -Ron

Or setup a DRDB share between your two shadow masters and
use local disk.

We are doing this on a system with 600 nodes (~ 100 jobs
in the queue at any one time).  Each node has a partition that
is raid 1 in software, then mirrored via DRDB.  It works great.

Craig

Craig Tierney (craig.tierney at noaa.gov)