[GE users] job resource request(s) question

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Feb 28 10:31:10 GMT 2009

Hi David,

Am 27.02.2009 um 20:56 schrieb dbarnes:

> I have a situation where I want a job to run if EITHER of 2
> consumable resources are available?
>
> For instance, I have 2 consumable resources ?foo? and ?bar?, each
> with a value of say 4.
>
> The kind of thing I want to do (logically!) is:
>
> qsub ?l foo=1 OR ?l bar=1 my_job_script.sh
>

> I know you can use Boolean expressions in the ?value? field for ?-l
> resource=value?
> but I guess what I?m looking for is a way to do it in the
> ?resource? field.
>
> I?ve dug around looking at the ?complex? man pages, but does anyone
> have an idea
> how I can do this (or something similar)?

something like this isn't implemented. I don't know your detailed
setup, but maybe you can add the amount of the consumables to be just
one, and request additional features with a second request for a
RESTRING complex (which is bound to machines or queues with two
different values). And for RESTRING, you have the "or" relation
available.