[GE users] Share trees

jagladden gladden at chem.washington.edu
Wed Jul 1 01:25:23 BST 2009

I'm want to set up a share tree policy such that shares are assigned to
groups of users - specifically something like 80% of the shares to the
"core" user group and 20% of the shares to the "non-core" user group.
However, as near as I can figure out, a node or leaf in a share tree
must be associated with an sge "user" or "project:, not a "department"
of unix group.  If I understand this correctly, the only kind of user
group I can use in this context is the "project".  If this be the case,
then do I somehow need to force and association between users and
projects?  Am I on the right track here?

James Gladden