[GE dev] JGDI Events

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Wed Jul 1 09:17:42 BST 2009

Hi ppetosy,

Please be aware that JGDI is not an API. It is only a bridge between the C
objects in qmaster and java. The interfaces are JGDI are not stable and may
change with each new grid engine version.

Richard

ppetosy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using JGDI API to get events from SGE about job status changes.I have successfully subscribed for EventTypeEnum.JobFinish and EventTypeEnum.JobMod events and I do get the events. When I get these events I have two problems
>  1. My JobModEvent listener gets the jobId of modified job, but I am not able to get the status of modified job ( is it running or queued or suspended, etc. ).
>  2. With JobFinishLister I get the Id of the job. For this I need to get exit status of the executed job. I am doing following for getting the status
> a) I call getJob(jobId) method of class com.sun.grid.jgdi.JGDI
> b) I get first task of the job by calling com.sun.grid.jgdi.configuration.JobTask jt = job.getJaTasks(0);
> c) Then I call jt.getUsage("exit_status") method and successfully get the status
>
> BUT The problem is when I submit multiple jobs ( hundreds of jobs ), randomly I get NULL when calling getJob(jobId) ( see (a) ).
>
> What can be possible reason of this problems and how can I get the info which I want ?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

Sitz der Gesellschaft: