[GE users] Waiting for any of a number of jobs via DRMAA-python

enri enrico.sirola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:18:03 BST 2009

Hello Michael,

Il giorno 24/giu/09, alle ore 16:05, hoffman ha scritto:

> Hmmm, well, I really just want to wait for one of a number of jobs,
> not any of the jobs in the session (the job runner is multithreaded
> and each thread has a number of jobs it shepherds). But your point is
> well-taken, if there is no alternative, I can probably do it this way
> with some redesign, putting all of the wait() calls in a single thread
> and dispatching from there.

Yep, it sounds good. I would really like to have an asynchronous
interface in DRMAA, where you can register a callback to be used when
a job completes. This would also fit much better my use cases. It
would also ease the integration with twisted, that would be very
interesting to have.
Jusy my 2 cents,
e.