[GE users] per (array) job epilog

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jul 1 14:53:36 BST 2009

murple <andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de> writes:

> I'd rather go with variant 2 except the cleanup has to run on the same
> node (or all nodes of an array job) to remove some temp files.
> I just figured I will do this outside SGE using some cron script since
> it does not need to be run immediately. That seems more simple to me
> (and I'm fan of KISS)

I don't understand the context, but surely KISS means having SGE do
things for you if it can.  The SGE shepherd manages the job's $TMPDIR,
so if you write temporary data there it will clean up for you (unless
you have loose MPI integration, perhaps).  We won by chucking out our
vendor's open-mpi `integration' and using what's built in, while
ensuring scratch go in $TMPDIR; that saved a lot of grief with pcgamess,
in particular, filling up /tmp.