[GE dev] s390x Architecture

uriel01 uriel.carrasquilla at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 1 22:11:30 BST 2009

I have an IBM z-Series with a s390x architecture running SuSE v10.2.
The "arch" command from the Linux prompt (bash shell) returns "s390x".
The "aimk -help" returns "unsupported architecture UNSUPPORTED-lx26-s390x".
I am currently running the GRID engine on my Red Hat RHEL 5.2 on Intel 64 bit machines.
I need to expand to the z-Series where I run 50 Linux guests.

I downloaded the source and I am not a stranger to installing software on the z-Series after I have been told that I will not get it to work.  I just need some early guidance on how to get started, where to look, and more important, to make sure I am not re-inventing the wheel.

Thank you.