[GE users] Modifying users with qmon

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Thu Jul 2 08:04:07 BST 2009

> qmon -> user configuration -> User tab
>
> and then click on a user name, I find that the "Modify" button always
> remains greyed-out and inactive.  Thus I cannot use qmon for such tasks
> as setting a users default project.  The command line equivalent of:
>
> qconf -muser username
>
> works fine.  Any idea why this piece of qmon functionality is not working?

Hello James,

"bad GUI design" might be the reason ,-) The "modify" button works on Usersets only.

Changing the "Default Project" of an user works like a secret feature: Mark the line with the appropriate user and then click on the table header "Default Project". You can now choose the Default Project for the user. One would expect in this dialog also to change the policy attributes of the user but this is completely done in the ticket policy dialog...IMHO a very strange GUI design ,-)

Regards,
Soeren Gerlach