[GE users] per (array) job epilog

Thu Jul 2 08:10:31 BST 2009

> That's the info I was missing. So $TMPDIR is set by SGE and the job
> can use that?

Sure, no problem. From the qsub(1) manpage:
  TMPDIR   The absolute path to the job's temporary working directory.

We use it all the time in our nastran job script
eg,
   nastran $@ batch=no scratch=yes sdir=$TMPDIR

Then all the scratch files get written into the GridEngine $TMPDIR and
GridEngine also takes care of cleaning up the directory afterwards.

It's also available from within the epilog too, in case you ever need to
go that route.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.