[GE users] How to allocate slots within hostgroups

ywan ywan at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 2 12:27:38 BST 2009

Anyone knows how to implement the following scenario?

There are 50 nodes in my cluster, 4 slots on each node.
These nodes are divided into 4 groups:

node001-node010
node011-node020
node021-node030
node031-node040

when I submit a multi-node parallel job, I hope my job to be allocated to
nodes within any single group, not crossing groups.

How to configure GridEngine to achieve this allocation?

--Yuan

Yuan Wan
----
Unix Section
Information Services Infrastructure Division
University of Edinburgh

tel: 0131 650 4985
email: ywan at ed.ac.uk

2012 Computing Services, JCMB
The King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.