[GE users] per (array) job epilog

Thu Jul 2 13:05:19 BST 2009

> > Then all the scratch files get written into the GridEngine $TMPDIR
> and
> > GridEngine also takes care of cleaning up the directory afterwards.
>
> Right.  What isn't clear from the doc, I think, is that it gets
> cleaned up properly when a job aborts; I read the source when someone
> expressed doubt despite an experiment.

With nastran and some version of GridEngine we thought there some
problems with the tmpdir not always being deleted - but this could have
had a few different causes (related or unrelated to GridEngine) and we
didn't pursue it further.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.