[GE users] Modifying users with qmon

jagladden gladden at chem.washington.edu
Thu Jul 2 17:43:01 BST 2009

Soeren,

Thanks. I don' think I would have guessed the bit about clicking on the column header.

James

soeren_g wrote:

qmon -> user configuration -> User tab

and then click on a user name, I find that the "Modify" button always
remains greyed-out and inactive.  Thus I cannot use qmon for such tasks
as setting a users default project.  The command line equivalent of:

qconf -muser username

works fine.  Any idea why this piece of qmon functionality is not working?

Hello James,

"bad GUI design" might be the reason ,-) The "modify" button works on Usersets only.

Changing the "Default Project" of an user works like a secret feature: Mark the line with the appropriate user and then click on the table header "Default Project". You can now choose the Default Project for the user. One would expect in this dialog also to change the policy attributes of the user but this is completely done in the ticket policy dialog...IMHO a very strange GUI design ,-)

Regards,
Soeren Gerlach