[GE users] Managing user access to scratch space

jagladden gladden at chem.washington.edu
Thu Jul 2 19:24:12 BST 2009

I would like to set up my cluster such that users do not have the
permission to directly create directories or files on a compute node
scratch partition (each of my compute nodes has a large dedicated
scratch partition).  In other words, I would like to force them to use
the sge created directory pointed to by TMPDIR so that I know the
scratch files will be cleaned up when the job is done.

I am guessing that when sge_execd creates the scratch directory it is
running as user "sge", is that correct?  So if I set up the scratch
partitions such that the "sge" user has write permission, but not the
world, this should work?  Right?

James Gladden