[GE users] how to get finished/failed/running/waiting jobs in an array job?

pescobar pescobar at cipf.es
Fri Jul 3 12:49:14 BST 2009

I am using sge6.2u2 in my production cluster and it works ok but I have a little problem
when using qstat to query an array job status.

Most of my users run array jobs with thousands o jobs inside the array job. The problem is
that users would like to know how many of their jobs are finished, how many failed, how
many running and how many are still waiting for a slot. Basically, as example, if my
array job has job-ID 345 I would like to run something like this.

qstat 345

and get something like:

total jobs: 10000   finished jobs: 3000    failed: 0   running: 150  waiting: 6850

I have been reading sge docs and qstat man to try to get this values or some way to parse
qstat output to show just this values but couldn?t find how to show this 5 values using
qstat.

?is there any way to query this values to sgemaster? There is no problem if I get this
output and also more info, to parse the output is not a problem but as I said I couldn?t
find the way to get this info from sgemaster.

?any clue?
many thanks in advance for any help

Pablo.

--