[GE users] SGE slots usage by scheduler

hugo_hernandez hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 4 02:38:34 BST 2009

Hello All,
If I have a queue with only four nodes each with 2 slots and I submit 4 jobs, I would like to run two jobs per node using in total two nodes and having the others two free to take additional jobs but what I have seen this occurs with a low frequency.  Usually, what I have is three nodes running 2, 1, 1 jobs or even all four nodes running one job each.  How can I instruct the SGE scheduler to use all available slots in a specific compute node before to go to the next one?  Any comment will be really appreciated.
-Hugo

--
Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora
System Administrator

"Si seus esfor?os, foram vistos com indefren?a, não desanime,
que o sol faze un espectacolo maravilhoso todas as manhãs
cuando a maior parte das pessoas, ainda estam durmindo"

    [ Part 2, "image001.gif"  Image/GIF (Name: "image001.gif") 1.9 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]