[GE users] SGE slots usage by scheduler

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Mon Jul 6 11:01:16 BST 2009

Hello Hugo,

> How can I instruct the SGE scheduler to use all available slots in a specific
> compute node before to go to the next one?

I had a similar problem just recently. Please follow the thread at http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&viewType=browseAll&dsMessageId=201984#messagefocus, the solution is described there. Basically you need to set a certain sort order for hosts within a queue and change the scheduler`s sort order.

Regards,
Soeren Gerlach