[GE dev] QAcct via JGDI

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Mon Jul 6 13:28:54 BST 2009

Hi Petros,

ppetosy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get information about already completed jobs via JGDI. Currently I am using command "qacct -j <jobId>" from where I am getting job information.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way from JGDI to get this information.
>
> I tried to get Job with given jobId from com.sun.grid.jgdi.JGDI class method getJob(jobId) but it returns information about active jobs. Jobs which have been completed long time ago are not in that object anymore.
>

> What you would recommend ?

JGDI maps only qmaster objects into java objects. The accounting information is
not available inside of qmaster. It is stored in the accounting file
($SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/accounting) or in the reporting file
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting). The syntax of both files is well
documented, see:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/accounting.html?pathrev=V62u3_TAG
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/reporting.html?pathrev=V62u3_TAG

You can write your own java application that parses the accounting file. Any
contribution from your side are welcome. If you like I can help you to integrate
the changes.

As alternative you can use ARCo. The dbwriter component parses already the
reporting file and dumps the content into a relation database.

Richard

> Thank you
> Petros.

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

Sitz der Gesellschaft: