[GE users] setting MAX_U_JOBS

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Jul 6 18:11:00 BST 2009

Hello,

The manpage for "sge_conf" will tell you about the $max_jobs and
$max_u_jobs settings you can apply.

These are sort of legacy "big stick" approaches to job/user throttling
and limits.

The more accepted/modern way these days is via Resource Quotas - more
powerful tools and a far more flexible set of things you can select
and apply limits to.

None of the methods though can distinguish among jobs in a particular
state ("qw") though from what I can recall.

-Chris