[GE users] setting MAX_U_JOBS

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:12:53 BST 2009

1) Read the first few lines of sge_conf(5):

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/manuals.html?pathrev=V62u3_TAG

2) qsub will get the rejection from the qmaster, and you will get
something like:

job rejected: Only <X number> jobs are allowed per user (current job
count: <X number>)

*However*, it is a good idea to setup a small cluster (may be a 1 node
cluster, and even without running as root - may be use a different TCP
port) to try various settings before touching the production cluster.

Also, what is the hardware configuration of your qmaster?? Is it
running on a 32-bit OS or 32-bit SGE??

Rayson