[GE users] License Integration: How complex vars get assigned with the value of free licenses by loadsensor script?

Tue Jul 7 08:18:01 BST 2009

>         I did the license integration of Fluent-6.3.26 with SGE-6.2u2
> on RHEL4 based cluster with load sensor method.

The simple answer: using a pure load sensor method CANNOT work!
See the following information for why I feel I can make this claim:
http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration

The PDF from the 2007 workshop
(http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration#Pr
imary_References) provides a fairly graphical idea of the problems
involved.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.