[GE users] Temporary removing jobs from the queues

mad margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Tue Jul 7 13:50:10 BST 2009

I need to free up some slots on our system.  One user has submitted
two jobs which are taking up all the resources.   I would like to
"suspend" one of her jobs to allow use of the cluster by other users.

I have tried suspend and hold through qmon.  However, the slots are
still occupied.

  qstat -g c
CLUSTER QUEUE                   CQLOAD   USED  AVAIL  TOTAL aoACDS
cdsuE
all.q                             0.98     72      0     72
0      0

and I cannot qlogin

  qlogin
Your job 13522 ("QLOGIN") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout (4 s) expired
while waiting on socket fd 4

Your "qlogin" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

I do not want to kill the job.  How can I free up some of the slots?

Also how do I hold the user's jobs waiting on the queue so that I can
release them in a manner that keeps some of the slots open for other
users?

all.q at compute-0-8.local        BIP   4/4       4.00     lx26-amd64
   13512 0.25000 user1_SOLVER user1        s     07/06/2009
21:08:09     4