[GE users] SGE execution host installation issue

radical_monkey zaydshaikh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:09:52 BST 2009

Thanks for the quick reply, ive tried your suggestions and everything resolves the hostname to "master". Exactly the same the /etc/hosts file, but nothing changed.

Im not sure if this is correct but I added the ip and host name of the master in the execution hosts /etc/hosts file and vice versa in the qmasters /etc/hosts file. When I did that I got a new error:

Checking hostname resolving

---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-x86/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: commlib error: access denied (server host resolves rdata host "slave1" as "(HOST_NOT_RESOLVABLE)")

ERROR: unable to contact qmaster using port 6444 on host "master"

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation  procedure.

The problem can be:

   - the qmaster is not running

   - the qmaster host is down

   - an active firewall blocks your request

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >>