[GE users] SGE execution host installation issue

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 15:19:16 BST 2009

You wrote:

> Im new the the Grid concept and have only just begun to experience it
> over the last 2 weeks. My task is to set up 3 VMs running ubuntu 9.04,
> with one functioning as a qmaster and the other two as execution
> hosts. So far (and with great difficulty) ive managed to install the
> qmaster on one of the VMs.

I haven't checked the problem, but possibly of interest:  Assuming `VM'
means `virtual machine', there's a Sun article about building a virtual
cluster, albeit with the Sun HPC stack, which is on CentOS
<http://blogs.sun.com/HPC/entry/building_a_sun_hpc_virtual>.  Also note
that there are gridengine packages in the current Ubuntu.