[GE users] Orphan qlogins

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Tue Jul 7 16:40:39 BST 2009

Hi Edward,

I can reproduce this behaviour, but only if I use ssh for the qlogin
connection, too. If I configure telnet and in.telnetd, it doesn't
happen, and even if I configure a qlogin_wrapper that uses telnet, it
doesn't happen.

With ssh as qlogin mechanism, the sshd of the 'manual' ssh session seems
to kill only the qlogin command, but not the subprocesses of qlogin (the
top subprocess is "/bin/sh /bin/qlogin_wrapper", as described in the ssh
HowTo).
With telnet as qlogin mechanism, the 'manual' sshd kills all
subprocesses, even if I configure a similar qlogin_wrapper.

But even if the subprocesses are not killed immediately, after a while
(several minutes, I don't know yet how long it takes exactly) they vanish.

I don't understand yet why it behaves this way.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com