[GE users] SGE execution host installation issue

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Jul 7 17:03:08 BST 2009

Looks good to me.

I'd make sure that /etc/nssswitch.conf lists "files" somewhere for
resolution.

Also may want to consider editing your hosts file to add "master
master." and "slave1 slave1." - I've noticed on Linux ocasionally that
some systems really want to find a "." dot in a hostname even if it is
not a fully qualified name. That's really stretching though.

Another thing that may work since you appear to have a functional
qmaster system ...

Edit the file $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/host_aliases

And add entries:

master	192.168.71.252
slave1	192.168.71.28

The host_aliases file is a nice internal SGE method for overriding DNS
and hostname issues, it's mostly used on hosts with multiple network
cards where you want to force SGE traffic over one particular NIC or
network. Should also work in your case as well.

-Chris