[GE users] Q on the jmx configuration during SGE 6.2u3 GUI installation

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Wed Jul 8 08:42:05 BST 2009

zwierzak wrote:
> cbyun pisze:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> During the SGE JMX installation using the SGE 6.2u3 Install GUI, on the JMX configuration step, it asks:
>>
>> JMX port:
>> Enable SSL server authentication
>> Enable SSL client authentication
>> Path to the keystore: /var/sgeCA/port6444/default/private/keystore
>> Keystore password:
>>
>> But I am not sure whose keystore is this for?
>>

> This is server keystore. The keystores for users (sge admin or root) you
> need to create by yourself by calling sge_ca script (with proper options
> of course) after installation is done. User keystores are used to
> connect to cluster from inspect

Correct that this is a server password. But both the CLI and GUI
installer create by default user keystores for the admin and user with a
default password on the qmaster host that you should manually change.
> Rys
>
>> Is it for a root user (which is running the GUI installer) or the SGE admin user specified during the installation?
>> Or is it for something else?
>>
>> Can this keystore be used to connect to the SGE cluster from SGE Inspect?

No. You could use /var/sgeCA/port6444/default/userkeys/<user>/keystore
with a corresponding password (changeit be default).

Note that you can also re-create the keystores with your password after
the installation or change the password for the keystore with keytool
-storepasswd command.

Regards,
   Lubos.