[GE users] SGE execution host installation issue

radical_monkey zaydshaikh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:41:35 BST 2009

Ok now ive got another issue. Once everythings been installed it works great. But after a restart everything goes to pot.

All the daemons are running, sge_qmaster and sge_execd. The NFS is up and the ssh is still working. I can access all the files and see all the scripts.

The issue is that if I try to submit an example job using the qsub command im told that qsub is not installed:

sgeadmin at slave1:/sge/sge_root$ qsub /sge/sge_root/examples/jobs/simple.sh

The program 'qsub' can be found in the following packages:
 * gridengine-client
 * torque-client
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
-bash: qsub: command not found

Its really strange and I havent the faintest idea how to solve it. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks