[GE users] Jumbo Frame and Gridengine

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:58:42 BST 2009

Did you get anything in the log files or "messages"??

As a test, can you enable jumbo frames and run some client commands,
like qhost and qstat and see if you get any response from qmaster??

Looking at the commlib code, we have CL_DEFINE_DATA_BUFFER_SIZE
defined to 1024 * 4. However, 4K is smaller than the size of a jumbo
frame, which can be as big as 9KB. Note that 4K is used as the size of
the read buffer and the write buffer (libs/comm/cl_communication.c).

My socket programming is a bit rusty, and I forgot how ethernet frames
get assembled into TCP segments and presented to applications... I may
need to do a bit of googling to see how it affects user-applications.

Rayson