[GE users] SGE6.2U3 windows execution installation error

manju manju.kudu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:30:02 BST 2009

Hi Harald,

After adding lib, with win200864 bit (SUA) it works well, i am able to join in to sge6.2u3 farm, but i can see still some issue on winxp box

here is the error message, but i am sure it has the permission and added as admin host...

"Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

Grid Engine TCP/IP communication service

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------
execvp errno=13
Arguments, passed to adminrun:
argv[0] = ./utilbin/win32-x86/gethostname
argv[1] = -aname
can't execute command "./utilbin/win32-x86/gethostname"

Command failed: ./utilbin/win32-x86/gethostname -aname

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

execvp errno=13
Arguments, passed to adminrun:
argv[0] = ./bin/win32-x86/qconf
argv[1] = -sh
can't execute command "./bin/win32-x86/qconf"

Command failed: ./bin/win32-x86/qconf -sh

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

This hostname is not known at qmaster as an administrative host.

Real hostname of this machine:                     host, the hostname resolving
 on this host will most likely differ from\n
Aliased hostname (if "host_aliases" file is used): the hostname resolving method
 on the qmaster machine\n
Default domain ("none" means ignore):              machine.domain.com<http://machine.domain.com>
Ignore domain names:                               none

The resulting hostname is:              =========> true

If you think that this host has already been added as an administrative

Please check and correct your >/etc/hosts< file and >/etc/nsswitch.conf<
file on this host and on the qmaster machine.

You can now add this host as an administrative host in a seperate
terminal window and then continue with the installation  procedure."

Any suggestions please???

thanks
Manjunath  A