[GE dev] s390x Architecture

uriel01 uriel.carrasquilla at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 9 14:31:09 BST 2009

Ron,
I have been distracted with other priorities.
I am going to try to compile this weekend, when I hope the telphone stops ringing.
Let me just review what I need to do.
I need to apply the changes to source as per the instructions for the MIPS architecture.
I think you are saying, just apply it the way it is and ignore the "ia64" architecture message.
The "aimk -help" is not working yet because it sees the s390 arch and gives an error message.
I assume that once I apply the modifications to source then I will see the options.
I will pass parameters to "aimk" as per your note and as I see fit from "aimk -help".
Do I need to install anything else before I attempt to compile using aimk?
I.e., any pre-requisite packages?   I have the normal packages for development installed.
Regards,
Uriel