[GE users] Installation issues

brandstaetter sunsource at hannes.oib.com
Mon Jul 13 09:30:31 BST 2009

Hello List!

I'm trying to get ge6.2u3 installed on our cluster.
Currently, I'm having problems with the host name resolution.
./inst_sge -m
error resolving local host: can't resolve host name (h_errno = HOST_NOT_FOUND)
can't get hostname of this machine. Installation failed.

./utilbin/lx24-amd64/gethostname
error resolving local host: can't resolve host name (h_errno = HOST_NOT_FOUND)

The master/head node has multiple (3) network interfaces. I already searched for infos, and read mentions of host_alias, but I could not find a description of what to put where to get it to work.
Can anyone please help me?

Attached is the hosts file of the master node:

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
::1                     localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
10.42.0.20              BIRFH-CLUHD.FH-HAGENBERG.ac.at BIRFH-CLUHD
### CLUSTER NAMES
10.130.0.1              BIRFH-CLU00
10.130.0.2              BIRFH-TESLAR
10.130.0.3              BIRFH-TESLAL