[GE users] SGE large memory jobs

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Jul 13 15:54:07 BST 2009

Hello,
if I understand the complex stuff correctly, then you need to set
mem_free to be 'consumable'. By default it is set to no.

If you set it to yes, then each job will decrease the amount of
mem_free by the requested value.

Now, the question arises why mem_free is not consumable by default,
when memory clearly is consumed by programs...

Have fun,
udo.

--
:: udo waechter - root at zoide.net :: N 52?16'30.5" E 8?3'10.1"