[GE users] Using SDM Cloud Adapter for Managing Solaris Zones

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Tue Jul 14 07:25:42 BST 2009

Hi Chansup,

cbyun wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I've read your blogs and am following your scripts.
> And I find that the following EC2 variables are not defined:
>
> SDM_EC2_AMI_ID
> SDM_EC2_SECURITY_GROUP
>
> What should be used for these two variables to fake them?

You mean that these variables are not defined in the settings.sh file? That
correct. The Hedeby cloud adapter will set these variables when executing the
scripts. The values for the EC2 variables are derived from the cloud adapter
configuration (zones.xml). Both SDM_EC2_AMI_ID and  SDM_EC2_SECURITY_GROUP are
set to dummy.

> Also, your sge XML file doesn't define how to install/uninstall the execd daemon.  Is this missing or is it defined else where?

There is no execd configuration element for the zones necessary. If the  Grid
Engine Adapter does not find in it's configuration an execd element it uses a
default. It installs the execd and adds a queue instance to all.q.

Do you need a special configuration for your execd?

Richard

Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com