[GE users] Installation issues

dom marco.donauer at sun.com
Thu Jul 16 09:09:37 BST 2009

Hannes,

Are you using the gui installer?
But the error TERM environment variable not set  says that you have to
set the TERM variable to
a valid terminal, eg xterm. How is your TERM variable set?

The OUTPUT, says to me, that the settings files are not created, this is
a very early step during the installation.

Marco

On 07/16/09 09:44, brandstaetter wrote:
> I managed to get around the hostname issues by fixing the /etc/hosts files on all the nodes, but now I get the following error when trying to install (for all the remote execd hosts):
>
> FAILED: Task failed.
>
> OUTPUT:
> /opt/ge6.2u3/inst_sge: line 915: /opt/ge6.2u3/default/common/settings.sh: No such file or directory
>
> ERROR:
> TERM environment variable not set.
>
> What could be going wrong here? The local install works fine, but I'd like to have it installed on the nodes too :)
>
> Thanks,
> Hannes

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         SUN Grid Engine Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028