[GE users] Submit fractional slot jobs

Mon Jul 20 07:13:07 BST 2009

> I have a rack of machines all with 8 processors
> running mostly identical tasks but the load on the machines never gets
> above 3-4 due to blocking on other resources (network, IO) and
> sometimes even just sleeping. I think I could better utilize those
> machines if those jobs consumed .5 slots rather than 1 full slot.

I would interpret this to mean that you want 16 slots on your 8
processor machine for a particular job class. In this case you could set
up mutually subordinate queues and target one of them for your
particular job class (eg, by attaching a forced complex to it).

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.