[GE users] Unable to run job: denied: no matching department for user

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Mon Jul 20 08:07:08 BST 2009

On 07/18/09 05:05, j2ren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are getting this error when we qsub jobs.
>
> Unable to run job: denied: no matching department for user "username" or group "username".
> Exiting.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  This might have started happening after we restarted the cluster.

The user must be defined in any userset list. If you didn't define
anything else, it's the "defaultdepartment".
Does the "defaultdepartment" still exist in your cluster?
Use "qconf -sul" to see the list of defined departments and "qconf -su
defaultdepartment" to see it's entries.

The defaultdeparment is - by default - defined this way:
name    defaultdepartment
type    DEPT
fshare  0
oticket 0