[GE issues] [Issue 3088] New - Submit client or master might fail if JSV is enabled and environment contains format specifier like %s
Ernst.Bablick at sun.com
Tue Jul 21 10:34:45 BST 2009
Summary|Submit client or master might fail if JSV is enabled a
|nd environment contains format specifier like %s
------- Additional comments from ernst at sunsource.net Tue Jul 21 02:34:41 -0700 2009 -------
Submit clients might fail if a client JSV (or master might fail if a server
JSV) is enabled that requests verification of job environment when job is
submitted with -v (or -V) and the specified variable (or one of the
variables) contains a format specifier that might be evaluated by fprintf()
- write a client JSV that requests verification with jsv_send_env() in
jsv_on_start() and that requests binary jobs
- submit a job: qsub -v VAR=value -b y -jsv jsv.sh date
=> Message should be: "Unable to run job: Binary job is rejected."
- submit another job: qsub -v VAR="%s" -b y -jsv jsv.sh date
=> Message is then: "Unable to run job: unable to send data to JSV"
=> or client will core
Depending on the architecture the application might either
- dump core
- provide incorrect environment information to the JSV
- client might terminate with the error message:
"Unable to run job: unable to send data to JSV"
Do one of the following to bypass the issue:
- remove the environment variable that contains the format specifier
- remove the environment form the job
- disable environment verification in JSV
- disable JSV
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [issues-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
More information about the gridengine-users