[GE dev] s390x Architecture

uriel01 uriel.carrasquilla at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 22 14:48:05 BST 2009

> You can now go to the basedir, and run the install script. If the install script complains,
> then you can simply create an empty file for the missing binaries
> (either using "touch <path of missing binary>" or "cp /dev/null <path of missing binary>".

 I have a question before I proceed to install but let me give you some background first.
Currently I am running the master n1 gridengine on an Intel Linux RedHat and the execution nodes on multiple Intel Linux RedHat servers.
The n1 master node is the one I want to run on the s390x SuSE 10 Linux platform that I have just compiled.
I can go ahead and run the /optn1g36/sge-6beta2 that got created during the compilation to complete the installation as your are telling me.
But what about the execution nodes?  Do I need to remove the existing grid software and re-install or can I just make changes to configuration parameters in the existing installation to point to the new n1 Master running on s390x?