[GE users] Possible To Prevent Error State?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed Jul 22 19:04:08 BST 2009

Is there a way to make a job just fail and exit rather than entering
error state?  Say, for example, I qsub -sync a job that lands on an
execd where my user doesn't exist.  My job will go into error state and
my qsub will remain hanging there indefinitely.  Looking at the source
code, it looks like it should be possible to write a shepherd wrapper
that modifies the exit_status file after the shepherd exits, but there
has to be an easier way.  Any thoughts?

Daniel