[GE users] Automatic job dependency

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 24 07:28:25 BST 2009

Hi list,

One of our process could benefit from job dependency : it consists of 3 steps that are run one after the other.
The user starts a whole sequence of step1, step2 and step3 in one command line (we are wrapping the submission stuff into scripts for the user).

When submitting stepN, how to retrieve job-id of stepN-1 ?
The obvious way is to parse stepN-1's 'qsub' output to get it but I wonder if there is another way to archieve this ?

Thanks,
Ionel