[GE users] Automatic job dependency

Fri Jul 24 07:58:10 BST 2009

> When submitting stepN, how to retrieve job-id of stepN-1 ?
> The obvious way is to parse stepN-1's 'qsub' output to get it
> but I wonder if there is another way to archieve this ?

That is exactly the intent of the qsub -terse option:
   [-terse]  tersed output, print only the job-id
... it makes the parsing very simple.

Add in the appropriate -hold_jib or -hold_jid_ad and you are done.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.