[GE users] Slot-wise suspend on subordinate

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Tue Jul 28 10:54:55 BST 2009

fx wrote:
> pollinger <harald.pollinger at sun.com> writes:
>
>> 3.2 Functionality
>>
>>     Like with queue-instance-wise suspend on subordinate, both the subordinate
>>     and the superordinate queue instance must be on the same host.
>
> I meant to ask before:  what's the reason for that restriction in the
> queue-instance-wise case?

The goal of the suspend on subordinate was in the first place to free
host resources for high priority jobs. I know there are possibly other,
not host bound resources, that could be freed by suspend on subordinate.

I don't want to change the scheduler completely, so I will stick to this
behaviour, at least for the first version of the slot-wise suspend on
subordinate.

Regards,
Harald