[GE users] AMD64 and EMT64

jcd jcducom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:20:26 BST 2009

All-

I'd like the users to be able to request the architecture so that their
code can run optimally either on opteron or nehalem
qsub -l {lx24-amd64,lx24_emt64} job.sh
I understand that it can be achieved also by creating a queue specific
to the architecture but I prefer to keep the number of queues minimal
(worst case the code will not run optimally)

Is it a simple way to differentiate amd64 vs emt64 without recompiling
the SGE code (no matter what I change in arch script, qhost returns
lx24-amd64)
Thanks for any help/feedback

JC