[GE users] job scheduling on different queues

jcoomer james.coomer at sun.com
Thu Jul 30 19:42:19 BST 2009

Hi Thomas,

This is called "job starvation" and gridengine has resource reservation
available to counter the problem. I'm not sure if, because you have
multiple queues, things are behaving differently  - but first, try
switching on "resource reservation"

here's some information  -but now you know the feature name, you should
find a load of info.

http://gridengine.info/2006/05/31/resource-reservation-prevents-parallel-job-starvation

James