[GE users] Sun HPC Software Workshop '09 -- Early Bird Almost Over!

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Thu Jul 30 21:36:56 BST 2009

Folks,

Just wanted to remind you that the early bird registration for the Sun
HPC Software Workshop '09, Sept 7-10 in Regensburg, Germany, ends
tomorrow (Friday).  It's your last chance to sign up at the discounted
rate.  After tomorrow, you will still be able to register, but the cost
of registration will be higher.

In a nutshell, the Sun HPC Software Workshop '09 is a combination of our
annual Grid Engine Workshop, a European edition of the popular Lustre
Users Group meeting, and a conference on developing applications and
services for HPC and cloud environments.  The Workshop lasts three days,
with a presentation track representing each of these topics.  One the
day before the main Workshop starts, we're also holding deeper
technology seminars: a Lustre Deep Dive, a Grid Engine admin training,
and a class on parallel application development taught by Ruud van der
Pas.  The Workshop and the preceding seminars are an excellent
opportunity to learn more about these technologies and connect with the
product engineers, partners, and other community members.

There is an open Call for Presentations for the Workshop, but it also
closes tomorrow.  If you're interested in proposing a talk for the
workshop (and getting a discounted registration fee if it's accepted),
send a title, duration, and brief summary to
Presentations at HPCWorkshop.com.  But, hurry.  We'll be making our final
decisions and notifying the speakers soon.

For more information about the Workshop, please see the event web site at:

   http://www.hpcworkshop.com/

I look forward to seeing you there!

Daniel