[GE users] job scheduling on different queues

tgebert tgebert at transtec.de
Fri Jul 31 12:52:19 BST 2009

Hi Mat, Hi James,

thanks for your replies on this. After testing some more settings on the
queues, escpacially the "resource reservation", it seems as if this has
no effect when running jobs in different queues. So I think I am trying
to setup a slightly different configuration whith maybe only one queue
for both, serial and parallel jobs.
I also don't know if it's a good idea to setup two queues that share the
same nodes...well, according to my experience now, I don't think that
this is a good idea.

Thomas

Vorstand: Julius Gaiser, Axel Queck
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Bernhard Bruscha
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tuebingen
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 381299

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.