[GE dev] s390x Architecture

uriel01 uriel.carrasquilla at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 31 14:40:19 BST 2009

During my installation efforts with "install_qmaster" followed by "inst_sge -x -s", I had a message to execute settings.sh, which I complied with.
It is supposed to set up $SGE_ROOT, $SGE_CELL, $CLUSTER_NAME, $QMASTER_PORT, $EXECD_PORT, and $PATH/$path.
Well, it is not happening.
When I try to start "sgemaster" or "sgeexecd", I get messages that they are not set up.
I looked inside settings.sh and I see not reference to anything more than  $SGE_ROOT and $SGE_CELL.
I can obviously set them up in my default ".bash_profile" or the system /etc/bash.bashrc.local (SuSE 10) but I just want to make sure that this is going on.
is it normal?