[GE users] job scheduling on different queues

mikep m.pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jul 31 16:38:08 BST 2009

> Hi Mike,

http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Configuring+Exclusive+Sched
> uling
>
> personally I haven't tried it yet...

Thanks - I can see from that description how it would immediately work
for a single node job, but it's not immediately obvious how this
integrates with parallel environments? I suspect that's more of an open
question to the dev team. A HOWTO for using this feature to schedule
dedicated nodes for parallel environments would certainly be useful
(maybe a job for gridengineinfo?) I imagine that the overheads for this
method are much lower than for mutually subordinating queues.

Regards,
Mike.