[GE users] AMD64 and EMT64 [update]

jcd jcducom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:51:22 BST 2009

Reuti-
Thanks for your email. I wanted the built-in options for the very same
reasons you invoked.
For my test, I assigned the value of emt64 to lxmachine in the arch
script (much less elegant than your simple awk program).
I renamed all the directories in bin,utilbin,lib (local installation). I
stopped and restarted sge_execd
# ps -wef  | grep sge
sge6     15428     1  0 12:32 ?        00:00:00
/opt/sge/bin/lx24-emt64/sge_execd

However as I mentioned in my first email, no matter what I changed in
the arch script at the local nodes, the qhost on the front end reports
always lx24-amd64
I am using ge-6.2u1-bin-lx24-amd64.tar.gz

Am I missing something?

JC