[GE users] Windows 2008 Server install Error

manju manju.kudu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:06:10 BST 2009

Hi Harald,

Can you please give us some hint on the below issue

here i am talking about joining  windows server 2008 in to sge6.2 u2 farm

1) How we can do username mapping for sgeadmin and administrator users
in windows server 2008 based machine, even if we specify different
username map server the accounts will be different will be different
since both are local account to the particular machine, is there any
different method to do this??

2) while installing SGE helper service it gives me access dined error
and could not start, do we need add any thing in the user assignment
policy.

3) for workaround i have copied entire  farm info in to the local
machine created exact path but i know its not the way to do but any
ways to read the files using CIFS(makes this connection presistent
always), NFS mounter not working properly for us (/net).

Overall i can say installation remains same almost but some important
configuration like username mapping/NFS access should be addressed in
some where in the grid engine site especially for windows server
2008/vista etc.

thanks
manjunath A